Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Window shopping with the folks

I have dated my folks to go window shopping yesterday.

Fun I will say. It's about catching up and exposing them to new things. But it's also about eating a lot :P

Talk about food, we went to these places... my folks are very happy with all!

1. Lunch East Ocean, Shaw Center
Not a new eating place but first time for us. Highly reommended by my friend whom have high food expectation - Ah Jing (never go wrong!)
Very nice tim sum.
No or minimum MSG - no thirsty feel after eating!

2. Coffee and Oreo CheeseCake for Teabreak at Blue Mountain Cafe, 313@Somerset
That place (previously) was where my folks complaint of birdsh*t during parking. Ha! My folks commented: "if we come here, we will be lost...!"
We were deciding between Ah Kun or Blue Mountain Cafe. Finally go for the 'ang mo' kopi.
Ordered Hazelnut coffee and Epthian Mocha coffee. Nice. The folks like the Hazelnut best.
The Orea CheeseCake came with delighting garnishing... my fave shape.. Heart. Plus point; not too sweet!



I took 5 shoots... all so blue.. dun know why...

3. Dinner at Ootoya, OC.
I always like OC. Long escalators, emptiness... not so good for retailers but good for shoppers like me. Hee! Folks like these features of the mall too.
My folks aren't young but always young at heart and like to have fun. I am proud of them as they are braver than some tourists whom are younger (pondering if they can take the long escalators)
My folks are very satisfied with the food at Ootoya. I think they missed Japan, like I did. They can remember the Japan, Ueno Ootoya that we went...haa...I guess because we waited super long for our food there and then :P
Best order: Hokkaido Kunbo sauce with Katsu Don - Rice is well fraganced with Kunbo sauce, Katsu Don well done!

If you are taking a day off, you might wanna try the above!

Cheers to good family times and food!

No comments: